The Festival Singers of Atlanta is auditioning singers for its 2014-2015 season.
There are openings for all voice parts.
Contact Director Keith H. Walker to schedule an audition. (firstname.lastname@example.org or 706-831-4948)
Rehearsals are held on Tuesday evenings—7:30 to 9:30—at Druid Hills Presbyterian Church, 1026 Ponce de Leon Ave. (Across the street from the Majestic Diner).
The upcoming season features two concerts:
- Christmas Concert (Dec 7, 3 p.m.) "Amid the Winter Snow"
- Spring Concert (May TBA) "The Many Languages of Love"
Requirements for Singers
- A passion for choral music. While some works may have solos, we strive first to creat a seamless and beautiful blended sound.
- Ability to sight read music.
- Commitment to rehearsals. Singers must commit to regular attendance at rehearsal. Performing in an upcoming concert after missing more than 3 rehearsals is at the discretion of the director.
- Dues of $50 per term to cover music. Scholarships are available.
Amid the Winter Snow
The Word Was God - Rosephany Powell (b 1962)
O magnum mysterium - Francis Poulenc (1899-1963)
Psallite - Michael Praetorius (1571-1621)
Dixit Maria - Hans LeHassler (1564-1612)
Bogoreditse Devo - Arvo Pärt (b. 1935)
Twelfth Night - Samuel Barber (1910-1981)
Benedicamus Domino - Peter Warlock (1894-1930)
Boy Was Born -Benjamin Britten (1913-1976)
Hodi Christus Natus Est - Francis Poulenc
Joy to the World - Clare Shore (b. 1954)
See Amid the Winter Snow - J. Kevin Waters (b. 1933)
Tomorrow Shall Be My Dancing Day - Philip J. Stopford (b. 1977)
Quem vidistis pastores - Richard Dering (1580-1630)
Quaeramus cum pastoribus - Jean Mouton (1459-1522)
The Three Kings - Healey Willan (1880-1968)
Ab Oriente venerunt Magi - Jacob Handl (1550-1591)
Still Nacht - Bern Herbolsheimer (b. 1948)
Caroling,Caroling - Alfred Burt (1920-1954)
All On a Christmas Morning
We’ll Dress the House
Ah. Bleak and Chill the Wintry Wind
Christmas Cometh Caroling
Tannenbaum - John Rutter (b. 1945)
Deck the Hall in 7/8 - James McKelvy (1917-2003)
Wexford Carol - arr. Philip J. Stopford
Good King Wenceslas - Clare Shore
Merry Christmas - Arthur Warrell (1882-1939)